Front Line Customer Service
- We are often the first stop for residents who have questions about the town, local government and really just about anything. If we don’t know the answer, we are sure to either find it or point you in the right direction.
Public Records Officer
- Administers the oath of office to all elected and appointed members of local committees and boards and ensures that all elected and appointed officials are informed of the State's Open Meeting and Conflict of Interest Laws.
- Posts meetings of all government bodies in accordance with the Open Meeting Law.
- Provides certified copies of vital records and conducts or assists with genealogical research for members of the public, and is responsible for maintenance, disposition, and preservation of municipal archival records and materials.
- Maintains records of adopted municipal codes, local bylaws, oaths of office, resignations and appointments, petitions, and meeting minutes.
- Submits bylaws and zoning ordinances to Attorney General for approval. Publishes the approvals when received.
Registrar of Vital Statistics
- Registers all vital events (births, deaths and marriages) occurring within the community and those events occurring elsewhere to local residents.
- Records and preserves original birth, marriage, and death records providing the basis for the Commonwealth's central vital registration system.
Chief Election Official
- Oversees polling places, election officers, and the general conduct of all elections.
- Directs preparation of ballots, polling places, voting equipment, voting lists, administers campaign finance laws, certifies nomination papers and initiative petitions, and serves on the local Board of Registrars.
- Supervises voter registration and absentee balloting; prepares records and reports official election results to the Secretary of State of the Commonwealth.
- Conducts the annual town census, prepares the street list of residents and, and furnishes the jury list to the Office of the Jury Commissioner.
- Records and certifies all official actions of the Town, including town meeting legislation and appropriations, signs all notes for borrowing, and keeps the Town Seal.
- Receives and records all ZBA applications and records the decisions of the hearings.
- Issues state licenses and permits: including marriage licenses, and permits for raffles and bazaars.
- Issues burial permits, business certificates and dog licenses.